Friday, February 15, 2013

Enjoying my 100s workout.

http://rkcblog.com/100s-workout/

Above is the blog I looked at to guide me, and start working this deceptively difficult workout (for the experienced exerciser). I don't think most know how many reps they are accomplishing until they try this. Then...they don't know how tough it is to get 100 reps in under 5 minutes. Talk about working up to the highest level of intensity possible! How many people do that?? I can count them on one hand.

I altered it a bit for me and my girls. I'm not much into jump rope lately (or ever. How will I ever do Parkour? haha) We started with some glute activation: deck squats, (rock the spine and come to standing),  T-raise (body goes parallel, on one foot, in yoga it's Warrior III), pistol squats (oh my gosh these are so hard!) and about 20 push-ups. (If I'm feeling crazy, maybe I'll raise this number to 100.) Then it's 100 sit-ups. This right here, is enough of a workout for most people....but then add those swings and wait for the fun to begin.

According to Master RKC Phil Ross, you perform 100-2 hand swings, (to me that means holding one kettle with two hands), 100 bottom up squats, (turn the bell upside down and hold it by its horns. Add a mint sprig. And maybe an obituary. Enjoy.) then 100 kettlebell snatches. Well let's just stop right there.

...100 snatches??? Now I can't say any of my workouts have seen quite that many snatches, but maybe today is that day. I'm not willing to give up, that's for sure. But in reality, if I've gotten to 30 snatches during this workout, I'll be surprised. I should probably count that tonight.

Kelly, Jess and I will begin recording our workouts with a bit more diligence. I cleaned up my nutrition, and now I'm cleaning up and intensifying my workout. Pray for me, wish me luck, and please send high vibrations, spells, invocations and meditations. I'm gonna need all of it, because the quintessential athlete draws from all wells to drink. Until then, happy workouting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment