Monday, April 29, 2013

Long time no kettle chat

I've been up at the wee hours of the morning doing so many things. Tonight I cleaned my kitchen and prepped Monday's lunch. I'm pretty proud. Even more importantly, I've begun a heavier workout routine with the girls and I. It's called Don't stop Til you get crippled. Yeah, we went right past the "feel the burn" mark and escalated into "this is sheer nonsense/stop the insanity." But I'm still standing. Barely.

We also began adding some extra workout days, so lifting has become even more manifest. Sunday's routine consisted of flexed and contracted hanging, assisted pull ups, and sung to the total of about 11 sets. Then we went and killed our leg press, pyramiding up to the point of doom: 100 reps with 90, 75 reps with 180 lbs and 35 reps with 270 lbs. We only got in three sets until the girls stopped me and pulled me off the workout floor.

I also began loading aminos and beta alanine, which really helps me with muscle recovery. At this point it's a godsend, since our workouts have expanded...gotta get ready for the HKC. It's my goal, and I need to chat about both the beta alanin and the HKC in a coming post. Until then, may your weights feel extremely heavy, and your muscles show with pride.



No comments:

Post a Comment