Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Why am I taking so long to blog?

The answer is, I don't know why.

Really, it's ridiculous in all honesty. Here I am, this exercise maven, working out with obsessive consistency for years upon years, and I don't show any signs of stopping. But here's the thing. Sometimes I just simply stop professing to the world what block of exercise gunk I am currently chewing on. But I'm back, and I'll at least show writing consistency for the next month, as I take a few much needed weeks off for my winter break. The best part about it is that I will be having some true moments of relaxation: no homework, no student papers to grade, nothing! I'm so excited that I may decide to cook and do two workouts daily.

The real reason, or most likely, the reason that is truest to form, is that I've been both busy and befuddled by my results. When I took out my carbs, grains and fruit this summer, I just knew the pounds would drop off and disappear. When I realized that only three pounds had only truly moved, then that's when I knew I needed to do something different. When I went to my doctor and found that, according to her records, most of my vital signs and endocrine levels including my thyroid were registering as normal, I think I got a bit worn out and slowly reverted back to carbs, but also my tougher workouts. I did notice that my tough workouts were tougher with more exercise and less food, granted, especially since I wasn't used to it.

I went through an interesting workout shift where I once again had noticed my leaving out my kettles and lifting a lot of straight bar work, tons of heavy squats, multiple reps and high sets (like 100 weighted top squats, 10 a set). This truly made me a happy young woman. I also have been doing a lot more machines as well.

I guess it  really boils down to getting into a new groove that I can sink my teeth into and be proud of. That's what took me so long to blog. But now I'm back and ready to use the fine tooth comb to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment