Friday, November 16, 2012

It's 7p, Let the Madness Rush In.

I am fully aware of my addiction to all things related to exercise and fitness...but then, that's what has kept me in it all these years. I'm no spring chicken when it comes to spending hours in training mode. It's that off-season I was never able to take, ever again, after I left college. For the first summer in my life after I graduated with my BA degree in 1994, I looked at my thighs. Let me say that I not only started crying, but I immediately drove myself to the nearest gym, which at the time was Bally's, and signed myself up. I don't think I had taken more than two days off since. I for sure never took another complete summer off, like I used to do all throughout college. Of course I'm exaggerating, but I think you get my meaning.

Tonight's workout to me, as I was writing it, sounded like "yum yum! Gimme some!" Literally, those were the words that arose. I know it sounds weird, but it happened nonetheless. So then...here's what my girls did.

Warm-up: curls, curl and squat, curl-squat-press, reverse fly, "cheerleaders," tricep kickbacks, deadlifts, 3 count lunges, sprinter's lunge with pumping knee. (8-12 reps of each, no stops)

Set 1
Jog in place, jumping jacks, squat jacks, prisoner jacks (30 sec. of each)
30 medicine ball squats with twist, 10 basic kettle swings, 10 Darcy swings, 10 clean and press, racked kettle squats, 10 on each side.

30 sec.to one minute rest

Repeat!!!!

Set 2
Lateral push-ups (step out to the side and push up as you step together), as many as you can
Jogging 10x to floor sprint 10x10
Wall plank (place your hands on the wall in front of you and PUSH like Hell.)

30 squat jumps!

REPEAT....only this time, the squat jumps change to POWER JUMPS.

Set 3
Lateral shoulder raise in  Bavarian Lunge, 10 each side
Bicep curl/tricep kickback burnout!! (30 each)

....Then we cooled it down with a kettle bell set of power clean and plunge! ...Yeah, extra protein tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment