Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Will the streaking happen??

For those who aren't in the running lingo "know," I'm talking about running many days in a row without stopping. At the current moment, it's about 6p, and my body is V-E-R-R-R-Y sore from yesterday's killer session! We hit the floor so hard I think it exploded! But basically speaking, it's the only way to train. I don't know what we did before we started training tough intervals. We go long too! I don't think most people have to train like that, but for those who are in the intermediate to advanced portion of their fitness life, they may just enjoy training hard.

So I'm on a mission. My goal is to get my running shoes dusted off and back on my feet. It's my new little challenge, to see myself kicking up dust and dirt every day for the next two weeks or so. So far my progress has been good.

Monday: I took to the hills on a short, steeply uphill hike with a friend and client, headed back down for about 7 rounds of sun salutations in the park, and then completed our walk home. Once home, I did a short ten minute interval blast of 60 each: pushups, full leg lifts and squats.

Tuesday: Hit the ground running for 20 minutes, then headed to the gym for about an hour of pure hell: a long interval workout with a long kettle swing endurance set, pull ups, squat thrusts with deadlifts, shoulder presses, double kettle clean and squats, two hand heavy kettle swings, handstands, with several sets and roughly 10-20 reps of each. Our explosive second round of squat thrusts involved a leg explosion back and into the push up position. We were roasted afterwards! That very small load of creatine and coconut water (about a half teaspoon after my run) worked quite well. I also hydrated with hot oolong tea.

...Tonight, my plan is to do some body work: foam rolling, inverting, yoga, and possibly a gentle run/walk. The way I feel right now, probably more walking than running will be involved. Until next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment